The situation with the spreading of the SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus causing the COVID-19 disease changes rapidly, so make sure to stay updated by regularly visiting www.gov.pl/koronawirus.
Your wellbeing and safety are very important to us, which is why you should comply with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, State Sanitary Inspectorate and the National Health Fund and use reliable sources of instructions.
Healthy habits will help you protect your family. That is why it is critical to comply with general recommendations concerning hygiene.
- Wash your hands frequently, using water and soap for 30 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep a safe distance (1–1.5 m) from any person who is coughing or sneezing or has a fever.
- If you are returning from a region affected by the coronavirus and you have symptoms of the disease or you had contact with an infected person, report this by phone to the sanitary-epidemiological station or report to a hospital for infectious diseases.
Make sure to also discuss the coronavirus with any friends or family with the autism spectrum. Let’s make sure that people with autism have the information they need, without exaggerating the risk.
- Emotions of the parents and caretakers may spread to persons with the spectrum, which is why it is important to communicate any information in a calm, precise and factual manner.
- Communication should be adapted to the method preferred by your child (e.g. pictures, pictograms, photographs, stories).
- Also, make sure not to give too much information at once because it may be overwhelming to a person with the spectrum. Instead, try to answer any questions the child may have. You can also ask the child to tell you what they know about the coronavirus and correct any erroneous information if necessary.